It’s been a productive week on the homework front. I wrapped up a draft of my art history paper that I am going to let sit for a few days and come back and take a fresh look at it again.
I did sneak in some Cosmic Rage work this week. I am starting to go through all of the audio and finalizing lines and going through areas for revisions. I have a couple audio sections to go through for scenes and I also have to render some out to send in for audio work to get done. I will for sure get more in this week since my classes are starting to settle down a bit. We are getting so close on Cosmic Rage!
Sorry for the short update, but next week’s should be a bit longer. Thanks for stopping by! I will be unveiling another voice actor this week!
I wrapped up the shot I was working on this week! Here is a piece of production art below!
Really been hitting a groove lately on these scenes, I feel like I have a solid process going. Recently I have been doing test background renders and creating an animatic for the scene. After that I set up beauty renders for the backgrounds. Followed by adding in the crowds and completing the final animation and compositing. I really do need to start doing behind-the-scenes videos on these. I really will try to do this!
Anyways, this scene will get sent along for audio production this week. Outside of finishing up this scene, I worked on a bit of freelance work again and also wrapped up my first week back in school.
So whats on the agenda for this week? Well, I would like to get to recording some behind the scenes content and get it put in Youtube. I think the first batch of content will be a series of videos on how a shot takes form from concept to final. Just give me a little time get things situated with the new laptop and recording.
I will also be working on the next scene! The next scene has 4 shots in it. The following scene after that is just a single shot so I will probably lump the 2 together and work to get everything prepped this week so I can work on animation next week.
It has been a pretty good week behind the scenes. First off, one piece of big news, is that I found 2 music groups that are willing to let me use tracks in Cosmic Rage. One of the bands is Valkyrie Kiss. They are letting me use their track titled “Set Me Free” which can be purchased on iTunes.
The track is the first one for the band which labels themselves as a “JRock-inspired, culture-bridging power rock band from the SF Bay Area”. According to their facebook page, a new track will be released in late February.
You can also check out the band on bandcamp. I am really looking forward to putting their track to good use and possibly working with them again in the future. Make sure you check them out!
In the near future I will release information regarding the second group that will be contributing to the project. It has mostly been an audio kind of week. I downloaded sound effects to be used for the first scene which is comprised of about 8 shots. I have started to do some light audio mixing.
All of the audio work was inspired by the fact I was in the process of recruiting music tracks to be used for the last batch of scenes I rendered out in 3D. While I was gathering audio, I was also able to get another scene rendered out as well. I currently have about 4-6 3D scenes that need compositing, so a nice little backlog of things to work on.
On the agenda for this week might be a little audio work, so I can get to a point in the rough edit where I need the music tracks to sync visuals with. I am not sure what else I will get done since… I am getting my apartment this week! Which means I will be getting all of my supplies and even a couple new things for my place as well. I am excited to get my workspace the way I want it and with all of my things on hand! Might even get some pictures up too.