Production Update 39

Writing production blogs is one reason Mondays are tolerable, so let’s jump in and see what’s going on as of late. This week I sent a copy of the prologue to my music composer to work on. We discussed the tone of the music and I feel confident we have a strong direction that fits the overall prologue. I look forward to seeing what he can come up with, he is a very talented artist that has created some tracks for other personal projects. He is also the composer of the 5 second bumper for reanimated fallout, my personal site for my professional work and training videos. We also hammered out a definitive timeline for the prologue, 90 seconds.

This week I also got a good chunk of compositing done on one of the remaining 2 shots. The 5 drawings drawings I needed to create are all now in the prologue. However, I do feel that I need to create a couple more which I have drawn this week and will get inked, colored and shaded to be added into the shot.

This week I also discovered a render error in the second shot that required a complete re-render. I was not happy with myself after discovering this. Mainly because I rendered it out when I was working in Vegas and didn’t ned my lap top. I should had checked the render sooner than I did since the re-render took up my laptop for about a day and a half. Which made working in After Effects a little less than desirable, especially when compositing and working with video files and 3D layers.

The other shot rendered fine except I did have some trouble with the import of the Cinema 4D file to After effects. This was a small thing that was overlooked and has been resolved. When exporting the project file, I had it only exporting out a section of frames instead of the whole shot, which added to things not lining up. I was rendering things in sections when I was in Vegas and figured out what happened when I opened up the project files. Fortunately this was an easy fix and didn’t require a re-render. Certainly a mistake that I will not make again.

On the topic of drawings and new images, I completed inking the remaining shots for last week and they are all dropped into the shot they are needed. The new images will be added into the scene I am working on now. I am looking at getting a new production image up next week when this shot is finished up. Stay Tuned for more updates!

On a quick sidenote, I did cut together a new demo reel of my motion graphics content. Check it out below.

Progress/Status:

Prologue:

Overall: 55:00  of 1:30:00
Storyboards: DONE
Drawing: 5/?
Inking/coloring/shading: 5/?
Animating/Compositing: In Work
Audio: In Work/ VO is done

Episode 1:
Storyboards: DONE
Drawing: DONE
Inking/coloring/shading: DONE
Animating/Compositing: In Work
Audio: NONE

Episode 2:
Storyboards: DONE
Drawing: 3/20pages
Inking/coloring/shading: 0/20
Animating/Compositing: NONE
Audio: NONE

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s